Thursday, March 9, 2017

Go Way Inside

I started this current series with the idea of playing with the interaction of paint, mark-making, and pastels to see if a more specific idea for exploration might arise.

What calls out to me again and again when I look at the art of others are the paintings that feel the most free, the most uninhibited, the most childlike.

I want to go way inside to that deep place of spontaneous creativity within me.

I carry that awareness into today's studio time, continuing with pmmp-2.

Work in progress:

pmmp-2 with India ink linework, work in progress

pmmp-2 with pencil and pen lines, circles, scribbles, and tracings,
work in progress

detail
detail

6 comments:

Laurie Mueller said...

Wonderful. Your lines, colors, shapes, and personality. It's Dottyism!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Laurie! Love your enthusiasm for the lines, colors, shapes, personality, and Dottyism!!!

Sheila said...

oooohh, ahhhhh, ohhhhhhh!!! Dottyism... love that ;)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks once again for your upbeat enthusiasm, Sheila. I do love having you follow along. Still chuckling at the notion of a Dottyism : )

carol edan said...

I can really feel the movement here. Love your lines!!! How big is this piece? The use of the square motif holds it all together plus the subtle textures!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Fun that you can feel movement, fun that you love the lines. They feel different from what I was expecting, and it's taking awhile to shake the expected from my mind's eye. 9x12". Appreciate your feedback re the holds-it-together factors of square motifs and subtle textures.

Post a Comment