Thursday, November 2, 2017

Stopping in at Camp Briefly

Blink!

Where did August go? And September? And now October?

Back in August I set up some painting starts to take to camp for an inquiry into using negative space.

The earlier history of one of those starts:

8x10"
One quarter of the above:

4x5"

Last seen (and never posted here, I just realized) looking like this, still back in August:


Revisited yesterday and today, and now mounted on matte board, ready to head to a new home:

Grandma Moses Hangs Towels on the Clothesline at Camp
4x5"; acrylic, grease pencil, collage, ink, pastel pencil,
and oil pastel on canvas paper,
mounted on 8.5x11" matte board
abstract
2017
[gift]

Haiku on the back:

Inner tube, inner
life, laughter, Camp Takodah
gives rise to friendship.


6 comments:

carol edan said...

I remember that image. Wow! That sky really makes that pop! Look what that RED does!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I barely remembered that image! And then there it was to play with when I wanted to make a gift for a cherished camp friend. Having a months'-long span between my last working with this piece and yesterday's working with it was so helpful because I had fresh vision, and then one thing generated another as I worked. I had no plan when I started.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

Red! Grandma Moses! Clotheslines! Tipsy cabins! Love!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! and Thanks!

Now on to something new today …

Joany Kendra said...

That was quite a storm that blew through, knocking that cabin on its side; I’m amazed anything remained on the clothesline! (Your camp friend will love this!)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Joje, I totally love your allusion to a storm's having blown through! Thanks!

Post a Comment